Join us at Barwon Ridge to celebrate Geelong’s annual Winter Shiraz Festival on 3rd/4th July. Try our fabulous Shiraz, support the Geelong wine region and buy local.
Barwon Ridge will be one of 25 local wineries opening their cellar door for a weekend feast of Shiraz, food and entertainment. At our cellar door we will be joined by our good friends at Barwon Bank winery.
Check out the full regional program for all participating wineries here.
If you do not wish to drive on the day, transfers between Geelong Station and Barwon Ridge can be arranged – contact June on 0411 151 920 for details. This service is to and from Barwon Ridge only.
At Barwon Ridge we will have:
- wine adventures
- the release of our 2017 gold medal Shiraz
- tasting and purchase of reserve Shiraz from our cellar
- tutored vertical tastings of cellar reserve, pre-release and in-barrel Shiraz. Saturday and Sunday at 2.30 to 3.30. Spaces are limited and bookings essential. Book here.
- the award winning Shiraz of Barwon Bank
- slow baked Barrabool Hills lamb served on fresh rolls, with whipped salad and salad, accompanied by fresh French Caneles (Saturday)
- Barwon Ridge cheese platters full of gourmet cheeses, home made bread and crackers, homemade pickles and preserved fruit. (Sunday – book platters here)
- Janet Vague and Frank Broom (“Out of Nowhere”) singing a range of jazz standards, folk and contemporary songs (Sunday)
- discounted prices for current release wines